View Single Post
Old November 24, 2009, 04:37 PM   #4
johnwilliamson062

I hate to make comments that may breed complacency, but...

I think the understanding in the US of the importance of firearms to ensure a free society is better than it ever has been in my life time. Look at the number of "blue dog" Democrats. The crime statistics from the first AWB may not have convinced the Brady campaign, but they did convince some people in the middle.

Get as many people as you possibly can out shooting trap and target 22s. Make it so they don't have an inherent fear born of ignorance concerning firearms and if they show an interest break out the black rifle

I think like most things, personal relationships are important. I spend a lot of time helping new shooters find deal on firearms they want or trying to help them select one. Simply telling them which guy I would talk to at the local gun shop or which shop I would go to is something most find pretty helpful.

Announcing at work that you are going to shoot a few rounds of trap on Sunday and would like to know if anyone is interested in going might be the best way to go about introducing more people. just make sure you don't take more than you can keep an eye on or have other responsible shooters there to help you out.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; November 24, 2009 at 04:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.07063 seconds with 8 queries