View Single Post
Old February 16, 2009, 01:09 PM   #14
LateNightFlight

Ha! One of my first questions here on TFL was on this very topic. My younger son and girlfriend are both right handed, left eye dominant. They were driving me crazy trying to crane their head across the gun to shoot right handed, but with the left eye. That's fine with a 22lr, but anything that recoils would punch them in the face, and going forward, it just won't work!

The advice I got was to have them learn to shoot left handed, but I was feeling very sympathetic about the situation because I figured I was asking them to do something I could NEVER EVER learn to do myself. But, I was curious, so before I even approached them I gave it a try. After all, what if something happened someday - what if I lost my dominant eye? This isn't something I spend much time worrying about - just sayin' - what if?

Yep, it's quite weird just starting out, but I think you'll be surprised how fast you can adapt. And the result of me asking the question here was a surprise benefit. The next time I'm up a tree and a deer comes in on my off side, I think I'll skip all that awkward twisting around and go lefty, now that I know I can!

If I can do it, I think anybody could do it.

Page generated in 0.02461 seconds with 8 queries