View Single Post
Old March 9, 2014, 01:10 AM   #70
Blue Duck

I agree with everyone, in that more shots are better, but the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun, and while the 5 or six shot snub might be short on BB's, it's nearly foolproof, and lightening fast if carried right. When I carry a snub I usually carry another small back up gun, and one or two knives.

Sure, I would rather always have a bigger gun, but sometimes it's just not that practical to pack a bigger gun. The farther away from home, the bigger the gun I am willing to conceal.

I did experience an eye opener today, however. Just a wake up call as to how fast things can develop. While walking through a parking lot with my wife, I was suddenly confronted by two roughly dressed men, asking for directions to a local bank, that seemly came out of nowhere. My wife and I were spread out a little, they were spread out a little. I was instantly on red alert but nothing came of it. Still yet I am not sure it there original motive was legit, and they could have probably jumped me.

I was carrying a 5 shot Smith 442 snub in a an inside vest pocket of my Carhart vest, and a North American 22 mag 5 shot 22 mag on the opposite side pocket. Also, a Benchmade lock blade folder clipped on one front pants pocket, and a 6.5 inch Puma Bowie knife in a custom made inside the pants scabbard on my weak side, reverse Calvary draw.

Because of my activities today, I felt that I could not carry or didnot want to carry a bigger gun, however, I do train to fight with the guns I carry, so I really didn't feel too undergunned but I guess I would have been at a disadvantage, if they had had a gun and had planned a better trap, and this time I was not carrying my snub in the fastest location, but at least I did have several weapons that could have been brought into play.

What bothered me the most was the fact that I had let the encounter develop without any warning hardly at all. If they had chosen to they could have been on me before I could have hardly reacted, which is one reason I like to have several weapons accessible by either hand, I might not come out unscathed but they would have more then likely gotten snake bit by something.

Page generated in 0.02863 seconds with 8 queries