View Single Post
Old February 25, 2014, 09:01 AM   #1
Marty8613

Polygonal rifling Bersa Thunder Pro UC40

Okay, so apparently this is a late 1800s invention, yet I have never heard of it. I have pretty much determined that I like the Bersa Thunder Pro UC40 for my .40 carry (collecting calibers). It has an ambidextrous safety (need this) and swappable mag release (I will make that a lefty). Seems sized right for what I want and won't cause me pinky issues once I extend the mags (I do this a lot). I like the look.

I see it has polygonal rifling, which is apparently a rifling without sharp edges, there are still lands and grooves, but they are all rounded to 'hills and valleys'. Anyone have any experience with this type of rifling? How does it effect power and accuracy? Seems to me that it would make for more fps (less friction and deformation down the barrel)) but maybe less accurate (little less spin). Am I wrong in these assumptions (Man I hate when that happens)?

If I could find a rental place with this or the full size model, I would shoot it and not have to ask around, no luck so far. If you know of one in the DFW area, let me know.

Thanks,
Marty

EAA Witness Polymer 45 Full Size
Bersa Thunder 380 Duo

Page generated in 0.02855 seconds with 8 queries