Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old October 30, 2012, 07:07 AM   #6
loose_holster_dan

if you can afford, and effectively conceal a p95, that's the best one in your list. don't forget to leave room in your budget for a good belt and holster. leave about $50 for a good belt and at least another $50 for a good holster. these are very important to be able to effectively conceal a larger pistol.

WHATEVER YOU GET MAKE SURE YOU CAN SHOOT IT WELL. ohio has a qualification for their permit. if you can't hit a paper plate at 5yds every time you pull the trigger, you need a different gun. this is by no means an unreasonable expectation, but more than half of my class didn't get it until their second try, and one guy didn't get it until his 9th try, when the instructor handed him a 22.

working with a budget is tough, but i understand. i've never shot, held, or even seen a hi-point, so i can't say anything there. i do own a pf9, and you're right - they kick pretty good, but that isn't the biggest problem. the trigger will pinch your finger in the bottom of the trigger guard. it really hurts after a few rounds. this can be fixed with the northwoods aluminum trigger, but that costs another $50. i'm not sure what your budget is, but if you decide to go with the keltec, and don't mind a very lightly used one and a bit of a drive, i live in the stow/kent area.

mine is for sale. $300 w/ 2mags, upgrades, and holsters
the two pocket holsters usually go for around $25 each, and the kydex iwb holster goes for $75 all by itself.

"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."

Last edited by loose_holster_dan; October 30, 2012 at 07:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.02252 seconds with 8 queries