View Single Post
Old August 8, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1
fragtagninja

More AR15 Questions

Hello gentlemen.

I have some more questions about..... You guessed it AR15's. I would be most grateful for any information you can offer.

First off I was leaning toward a 20" rifle, but I think the carbine would be much easier to get a good deal on and much more practical.

So let's get down to it.

This rifle is available in my area. Not only that but below MSRP!!!

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

I have looked it over and it seems like a pretty solid rifle to me. Very sturdy.
Now I hear Smith has top notch customer service and the M&P handguns are pretty stellar. One of the local police depts uses this exact rifle in the patrol cars. The specs over all seem pretty good.

This is the second rifle I am looking at that is available in my area.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=217

The FFL who has it says RRA is the only company he has not had to send rifles back to. He also says of all the AR's he has owned over the years the RRA's are the only ones he has personally never had a failure with. He is also selling this rifle cheaper than the S&W above. My dad has been buying guns from him for years and he has never steered him or me wrong.

Smith & Wesson M&P-15 Rifle.

+ Made by a stable company with a good rep. I hear S&W will bend over backwards to make customers happy. So as far as I can tell if I were to have a problem it would be taken care of quickly.

It is used by law enforcement so it must be a decent rifle with a fairly low failure rate.

The materials seem to be of a decent quality, and I hear good things over all about the rifle itself.

Buffer tube is well staked

-I don't know much else about it, and I would rather have a gun that does not need a warranty than have to use it constantly.

RRA LAR-15 Entry Tac.

+ Recommended and from what I have read about them solid rifles used by federal agencies for LE purposes.

Looked like a very well put together rifle.

Two stage trigger was super smooth.

The materials sound like they are of good quality.

Lifetime warranty

- Don't know much about two stage triggers

Don't know anything about the companies warranty work, or how they stand behind their products.

Does not come with a rear sight.

Buffer tube is not staked.

The gas key on both seemed properly staked, and I believe both had chrome lined barrels if I am not mistaken. Both barrels are made from the same steel.

So does anyone have info on either of these that I am not clued into? Any first hand experience? Owners of both or either? Long term experience would be super helpful. Obviously they are both super upgrade-able. Are either of these rifles something that will last a lifetime with regular use? Does either manufacturer use out of the norm parts a lot to lock you into buy from them?
And of course does anyone know which has a larger presence in the LE community. Things that don't work don't usually last long there which is why I ask.

Page generated in 0.02931 seconds with 8 queries