Thread: 410 slug moulds
View Single Post
Old February 18, 2013, 04:56 PM   #5
snuffy

Quote:
I mean as long as you sized it properly and cast it using pure lead what would be the actual difference other than the shape? Do you think it would have to be hollow based to work properly?
Yes, it would need to be hollow based. Foster type-hollow based slugs are meant for a smooth bored shotgun. They fly point forward, by means of the shuttle cock, weight to the front, stability. A conical boolit would tumble after just a few feet.

The Taurus judge and circuit judge have rifled barrels. So they could spin a conical bullet enough to stabilize it. BUT it IS .452 barrel after all. Putting a .411 bullet in it wouldn't grip the bullet very well, so I doubt there would be any accuracy. If all you want is a chunk of lead flying at something close, well then you have it.

If you could find a black powder minnie type conical boolit in 40-41 caliber, it MIGHT stabilize from a .410 shotgun It might be too heavy for a .410 though, but hey it's an idea!?

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02768 seconds with 8 queries