Thread: Which 1911?
View Single Post
Old September 4, 2012, 02:10 PM   #33
45Gunner

A simple expression of choice is nice but when trying to help someone with a decision, I would think the reason behind the choice would be a greater help.

I own 4 Kimbers, 2 Colts, and 2 Springfield 1911's. My oldest Kimber is about 18 years old or older and has never given me a problem, and for that matter, the other Kimbers have never been problematic. The two newer ones were acquired within the past two or three years. My Colts, which were purchased years ago, had problems which required trips back to the factory until I got disgusted enough to hand them over to a Master Gunsmith. Even with the "problems" corrected, the only way to make the Colts reliable was to use Wilson Combat mags. The two Springfields are also reliable I took my stainless model and had it completely customized.

I am comfortable with the reliability with all of these guns now as I am with the excellent accuracy. It's just that I had to throw more money at some to get them in line with the others.

With anything mass produced, there is going to be a certain percentage of less than perfect quality; it is elementary production management 101.
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.03511 seconds with 8 queries