Thread: Davis Derringer
View Single Post
Old December 13, 2005, 05:25 PM   #3
omegapd

I think Cobra bought out Davis but not sure. They look exactly the same to me...

I bought a Cobra a few weeks ago to play with. It's an Over/Under in .38 spc. There is a safety that blocks the hammer from falling and to thumb the hammer back takes quite a bit of effort, so I'm not concerned at all with it somehow going off in my pocket.

You do have to remember that the hammer has to be on half cock when loading the barrels or one of the firing pins will be sticking out. If you slam the barrels shut and the pin is out, an ND might happen...probably more so with a rimfire than a centerfire, though.

It's a lot of fun to shoot at the range and recoil isn't as bad as what I figured. Both barrels of mine shoot a touch high at 7 yards out when aiming for center mass.

So, overall, a lot of people hate them but I think it's well made, as safe as possible and fun to shoot.
John 15:12-13

This is my command: love another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.

Page generated in 0.03081 seconds with 8 queries