View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 07:12 PM   #30
dayman

Those are 3 very different guns, and so it's just going to come down to your own preferences and which works best for you. I don't think you could make a "better - worse" comparison.

The 238 is far and away the smallest. If you plan on carrying while dressed in fitted clothes a lot it might be the best choice. It would be very small IWB, or it could be pocket carried - though you'd want to keep the hammer down. Also, .380 is also pretty marginal as far as SD rounds go.

The shield is - probably - going to be the next easiest to conceal. It's thinner than the glock, and for most people the width rather than the height is what makes or breaks a guns concealability. They do tend to be hard to find, and you're probably going to be limited on options for mags. I'm not sure what the holster situation is with them, but that's something else you may want to check out.

The g26 is the fattest, and thus - in my mind - the least easy to conceal. However, lots of people conceal them very effectively. I would guess it's close to the most popular CCW around - at least as far as autos go. You also do have to option to run 15, 17, or 33 round mags through it when you go to the range. If you have a a stable of guns this might not be a big deal, but if you have only 1 or 2, having it more fun to shoot is going to be a big plus. Also, they've been around long enough that there are tons of accessories that are pretty easy to get, and it's easy to find someone who can work on them in the unlikely event that it ever needs anything fixed.

Any one of them would be a great choice but each offers a different set of advantages, so you just have to figure out exactly what you want out of your gun, and choose accordingly.
If you have the option to rent them (or at least hold them) before you buy that might make your decision easier.

Page generated in 0.03543 seconds with 8 queries