View Single Post
Old March 14, 2008, 05:46 AM   #16
cimarronvalley

Hornady Progressive

I bought a Hornady Pro-Jector 5 station progressive press for $169 when Jumbo sports was going out of business. It has worked flawlessly since and still looks brand new. I only use Lee Deluxe pistol and rifle die sets in mine. Unlike the LNL, the Pro-Jector is much more lenient for different dies selections and settings. I reload for 32 different calibers and have yet to encounter a problem with either rifle or pistol. Why Hornady quit making this product I'll never know.

It takes about 15 minutes to get a new shell plate and shell kicker lever adjusted just right and about another 20 minutes to get the pwoder dispenser adjusted to within a 10th of a grain (so I'm cautious and take my time). I don't use the primer feed system much since it is a pain to go from large to small primers. The only time I use the whole system is when I'm loading new factory brass. I might look at ordering a separtae primer seat assembly if Hornady still carries the parts. That way I can have a separate seat assembly for each size. The thought just occurred to me.

For depriming, I use a Lee hand loader with universal depriming die. That way I can deprime, inspect, and measure each case prior to the tumblers. Then for priming, I use the RCBS hand primers (I keep one set for small and another set for large) and they are great for perfect primer seating depth. That way I can do a final inspection of the cases prior to priming. Can't be too careful. I can usually do 800-1,000 cases in under 3 hours while watching TV.

Hope it helps.

Page generated in 0.03591 seconds with 8 queries