View Single Post
Old October 31, 2008, 03:13 PM   #9
David Armstrong

Quote:
I guess I just haven't talked to anyone who thought that their .8 sec IPSC mag changes were going to win them combat gunfights. I know plenty of people who compete for the fun of it and to keep their raw skills sharp, but they all know what translates and what doesn't.
Just haven't met the right people<G>. On another forum we just got finished with a 10-page thread where some were arguing since nobody could provide an example of an IDPA competitor getting killed in a fight while using IDPA tactics that proved nothing in IDPA was a problem in actual gunfights. In fact, in response to the statement (discussing IDPA techniques) "The issue is if one also learns bad habits or tactics or techniques that can get one hurt." was answered with "Since no one here has shown one shred of proof 'bad habits' or 'bad tactics' of any IDPA method has ever gotten anyone hurt or kill, and at the same time the many tactics and habits learned in IDPA have been used successfully on the street, well the answer is clear."

Page generated in 0.03453 seconds with 8 queries