View Single Post
Old December 7, 2012, 06:41 PM   #38
Nanuk

Quote:
Right, but lots of people have gotten shot once by it and gone straight down like Oswald did too. Not just from psychological effects, from physical ones.
I never said people did not go down when shot with LRN, I am saying there are WAY batter choices - anything.

Quote:
The .38 Special 158 grain LRN is better than .32 ACP FMJ, 146 grain LRN .38 S&W, .380 ACP FMJ, .25 ACP, .22 LR, 9mm FMJ. .45 ACP 230 gr FMJ is only marginally better. If the 158 grain LRN passes through the aorta, spine, brain, it will take someone down just like the best HP bullet.
IF, the bullet took that path you would be correct. The problem is that bullets are unpredictable once the hit anything. The bullet must still have energy to do work once it gets there, the LRN fired from a snubby at about 700 FPS does not have it. If the LRN and WC was so effective why has all of the work gone into making better bullets? A Federal HST or a Barnes DPX is so much better you cannot even compare them. If limited to standard pressure 38 Special the best choice is a 158 grain LSWC, at those velocities you will get little deformation even from soft lead.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Page generated in 0.03396 seconds with 8 queries