Thread: Instant drops.
View Single Post
Old September 29, 2006, 11:05 PM   #1
Venison_Jerkey32

Instant drops.

With deer season opening this weekend, and many a thread having to do with "instant drops" on game like deer, hogs, bear (best if used with a 9mm ), etc... I started this thread for everyone to discuss what they think causes animals to run off and others to drop.

This is just an idea that I had, could be true, could be total bs...

At the university I attend we were talking about cellular respiration and oxidative metabolism, which after I'm done showing off my big vocabulary, means how the cells in an animals body produce energy. Most of the time it combines food (glucose) with oxygen to produce energy; however, in a process called "fermentation" the food is converted without oxygen into energy. This means that even with a double lung shot and 0 oxygen in an animal's system, their cells can still produce energy and they can still run away.

So if you have any ideas or theories why some animals drop and others run, for the most part this is talking about non-CNS shots, please share them here thanks!

Last edited by Venison_Jerkey32; September 29, 2006 at 11:05 PM. Reason: spelling...like usual

Page generated in 0.02521 seconds with 8 queries