Thread: Pepper Spray
View Single Post
Old July 6, 2013, 08:01 PM   #37
Kevin Rohrer

I can't speak for the other commenters here, but I carry OC for a living and have used it numerous times against both people and dogs. I have also had it used against me in training (and once accidentally in the field [it was of the fog variety]), and am satisfied with its effectiveness. One thing to remember, is that even if the recipient is drunk, high, or a mental (and I have used it against all of these goofs), if you use it correctly, it will at the very least blind the person, which increases your tactical options.

Quote:
....flip top cone spray... I'm a little concerned that this stuff is very hot.
If you are concerned about this (and I would be), try and stay upwind, and get something other than a cone spray. The stream-variety works well and is aim-able.

Quote:
I'm debating the merits of just having someone shoot me with it so I can learn how it feels.
Not a bad idea, but remember: there is a reason we call it "Liquid Hell". No one who has ever been hit with it wants a second shot. A Dallas copper once told me that no matter how bad ass some knucklehead thought he was, "once he heard the velcro (on the OC holster) rip, it was time to straighten-up".

Quote:
Obviously I'll buy some training inserts and we'll run through simple practices like keeping it concealed until you use it, half second bursts, spray and move, things like that.
Less is better because if the recipient gets too much on him, the vehicle will overcome the active ingredient and reduce its effectiveness. If you go to a stream, it takes about 2-seconds to paint someone's face with it. After that, it takes 3-5 seconds for him to go blind and begin to choke.

Caveat Emptor: Cavery Grips/AmericanGripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He is a scammer

Page generated in 0.02782 seconds with 8 queries