View Single Post
Old June 15, 2011, 08:34 PM   #14
SRH78

Quote:
I once worked with a linebacker who was on a semi-pro team. He and his wife would regularly on weekends get liquored up and beat on each other, sometimes in public, as a prelude to amorous activity later in the day. I recall him showing up for work on a Monday with a broken nose, compliments of his wife. We're not talking about love-taps here.

If a person intervened in their 'play', it wouldn't surprise me at all if that person got his clock cleaned by the both of them. Certainly, if that person intervened with deadly force, the supposed 'victim' would be the star witness against him at trial for his unwarranted attack on the injured/deceased spouse.

Not all is as it seems.
As for this couple, what if a LEO saw them "playing"? What if other witnesses saw everything that happened? They are creating a very bad situation and are not immune from liability. Make no mistake, if they are exchanging blows, they are breaking the law. That is not really the point we are discussing though. This is where judgement and a measured response comes into play. You don't have to run into every situation guns blazing or swinging away trying to be Rocky. As I said, I found myself in this situation several times and I am also well aware of how abused women are likely to lie for the bastard after the fact if it is someone they are in a relationship with. I won't take any more action than what is absolutely necessary. Simply displaying the willingness to intervene physically is usually all it takes to end these situations. Quite frankly, I am not to worried about the situation you described because it should quickly be resolved with words instead of having to resort to violence.

What if it was your wife, daughter, sister, or mother being hurt? Would you want someone with the ability to help them to stand around and let it happen? It is a bad situation and one that each person has to judge for themselves and decide the best way to handle it.

Page generated in 0.02696 seconds with 8 queries