View Single Post
Old August 30, 2006, 05:44 PM   #10
Hammer It

Nickel Factory Stamp Locations

Hello
To add to the previous response, S&W also stamped up under the extractor rod are on some with the Initial "N" when the finish is Nickel. And to even make it more confusing, some revolver's were customer ordered and may not be stamped at all as they were hand carried through the assembly Process. To me GOOD Nickel is in, as a GOOD bluing is in on revolver's. if they have sign's of Holster burn on the end of the barrel, or high spots of the revolver, Price drops considerably, and this is a direct turn off to me. Refinishing does not effect what I will pay for a gun given the refinisher did the job right. Too many refinishing shop's get carried away with the final polishing before finish is applied, and this shows in weak stamping marks on the revolver, along with rounded off edges and Oval screw hole locations on the sideplate are also common. I Like Nickel, as it polishes better than Blued, and is more forgiving if scratched to come back to it's original Lustre, as Bluing is not repairable once damage has been done short of Rebluing the revolver. Hammer It.

Page generated in 0.03807 seconds with 8 queries