Thread: CAS Peaked?
View Single Post
Old July 20, 2011, 11:42 PM   #46
ZVP

Re Cash Poor Settler

Yea, I think that historical accuracy is VERY important!
Not every day was the OK Corral or was every person outfitted with state of the art weapons. The real truth is many carried Cap and Ball revolvers (cheap and plentifull) and naturally a Shotgun, usually a single barrel back door type.
Gunfights weren't the norm but they are the personna that most CAS shooters and many reenactors choose to be. Hence, we have an abundance of this sort of weaponry.
I have gone as far as buying books on the clothing and even one on the slang of the day, to try to sharpen up my yet to be, CAS character. I plan to try and develop and maintain a character with the proper flavor of the era. It's no easy point to try and establish! There are many good books about the dress of the different decades and you must be very carefull not to cross-over to different decades by mistake. For instance, Hats are really hard to pin down for most were Eastern Daily wear not always the quitesential Stetson. To do it right goes far beyond Levis and a holster... Reserch is half the fun and thank goodness there are a number of good books available to study!
ZVP

Page generated in 0.04951 seconds with 8 queries