View Single Post
Old August 4, 2014, 01:47 PM   #16
Kimio

To just be clear, I'm in no way supporting what the anti's are saying, I'm just throwing out arguments that I can see them or have had anti-gun types throw at me on various other topics.

My brother has expressed numerous times that he is not against guns per say, but is against nut jobs and what have you from getting a hold of one. For whatever reason, at the time I had that particular debate, I failed to point him towards the Lautenberg Amendments.

The counter point typically always reverts back to (at least with my brother) that extreme pro gun folks are hand tying politicians (namely pro-gun control folks) from implementing more regulations and making an effort to stop horrible things from happening. He acknowledges the laws are not working, but seems to fail to fully comprehend that what we need is to have the laws already in place to be enforced, not more to bandage the leak that's already occurring.

When I address the fact that even then, we're not attending to the root of the problem, that being society itself, he says it's easier to fill a divot than a crater (not the exact expression he used but it serves the point at the moment).

Page generated in 0.03357 seconds with 8 queries