View Single Post
Old January 5, 2014, 10:27 AM   #22
tomrkba

Quote:
Speedloaders are nice, but are bulky when your trying to conceal them. I went to loose carry several years back. That's all I carry in my right front pocket are loose rounds. I can reload pretty quick from the pocket. Most SD incidents don't involve reloading anyway.
I have tried everything. I even went to moonclipped guns and built a dual IWB moonclip holder for the eight shot 357 Magnum revolvers S&W offers. That worked pretty well, but the best compromise is the Safariland #371 holder. It splits the loader on the belt and has the smallest profile. It could be improved by reducing the height as much as possible and fitting it specifically for the Comp loader you are using.

Loader pocket carry prints extremely badly except in pleated pants. Even then, you can tell. I mitigated this slightly by stuffing a small rag into the pocket. Overall, belt carry is best because it provides consistent orientation of the loader and least profile.

Quote:
Most SD incidents don't involve reloading anyway.
Don't count on that at all. We train for the worst case, not the best case. We're already handicapped by the low capacity of the revolver; don't bet upon the bullet's performance for an instant stop even with the best of hits. We should be very good at reloading the gun and using a backup weapon with the support hand.

Last edited by tomrkba; January 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.03392 seconds with 8 queries