View Single Post
Old December 10, 2012, 02:12 PM   #29
Magnum Wheel Man

Actually I got ORIONENGNR's ( edited... 396 ) ... & IMO, it's the perfect gun for both carry, & the 44 Special cartridge, when I got it from him, it had both the wood grips pictured, & a set of rubber grips ( I started out being a big fan of rubber grips... as I became more of a seasoned shooter, I still like the rubber on my "heavy hitters" but prefer wood on my carry guns...

I do shoot this revolver particularly well, though I don't shoot it often, ( afraid of the wear, being an ultra light weight revolver ) I'd love to have a stainless version for range use...

as for the "shoot the 44 Specials in the 44 Mag" comments... I never really liked doing that with my GP-100 in 357... ( the carbon ring thing )... now that I'm an expirienced handloader, & started shooting CAS, using & becoming very familiar with Trailboss, I'm more inclined to just down load the longer brass, rather than stuff the shorter cases into a longer chamber...

IMO, the 44 Special, & 45 Colt are the perfect self defense cartridges, & when you combine the 44 Special with a 396 Air Lite, that's as good as it gets...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; December 11, 2012 at 08:59 AM.

Page generated in 0.02548 seconds with 8 queries