View Single Post
Old April 16, 2009, 02:14 PM   #8
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
What are the risk factors that push someone over the edge - not a political rant view but to engage in domestic terrorism?
Cause of most people acting in politically motivated violence is feeling they are subject to foreign rule and under the gaze of an occupying army. There was a pretty extensive amount of research done on this a few years back. A few thousand nterviews with primarily suicide bombers and other high risk actors.
Not much chance of that here. Closest we come is rumors indicating the Chinese required the AIG bailout b/c they were heavily invested and held all our debts over politicians heads and similar.

Quote:
I don't understand the last line of your post, Johnwilliamson062. Do you mean it was tactless for me to publish the thread on this forum, or for the DHS to publish the report?
DHS report.

Quote:
I do understand the concern they have. let me explain how I feel. it is impossible for tme to disassociate the government from the country. The Constitution is a document that outlines our government, and that explains the relationship between that government and the States, and between the government and the people. I do love our form of government, and I believe that its tenets of lineage and transfer of power, as well as checks and balances, are insoluble. If the government commits a wrong, another branch of government should address it. if another branch fails to address it, the people have the power to demand action, by peacable means(recall vote, Regular elections, Etc.)
S what if our government puts the tax rate at 100% then redistributes that money as they see fit. Are you going to pay 100% in taxes until the next election? The newly proposed tax system is projected to limit taxation to about 45% of the population. When 55% of the population is exempt from taxes what do you think will happen to spending? What percentage of the non-taxpaying population will vote against those in power? It is against their short term best interest and very few in that category think long term.

To cover our present debt, future unfunded social security obligations, future unfunded medicaid obligations, etc. the IRS needs to bring in almost twice as much money as they are now. How is that going to happen? All added up it is more than $400,000/US citizen. You usually don't see the unfunded future social welfare programs thrown into that statistic is why it is usually so much smaller. Our government is running the biggest ponzi scheme in the history of the world and we are all about to see it blow up in our face. It only worked as long as it did b/c the baby boomer generation was so much larger than the ones preceding it.

The Chinese are done buying our debt. They have made it very clear they are phasing out all long term investment in our government ASAP. How do we fund our 1.5trillion dollars in yearly over runs? Someone give me an answer.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; April 16, 2009 at 02:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.04845 seconds with 8 queries