View Single Post
Old April 19, 2013, 01:59 PM   #29
Willie Sutton

"When you fly on a regional airline, there's a high likelihood that the pilot sitting in the right seat qualifies for food stamps. The companies get away with this because they have a stack of resumes a foot tall on their HR desk of people literally begging to let them fly their airplanes."

Had to chime in, since I had that job once: $11K a year, 21 days of flying a month, standup overnights (meaning that you had less than 8 hours of rest at your "night" stop, but that they gave you 8 hours between 7:00AM and 3:00 PM to "rest" and gave you a boiled egg and a pack of cookies for your "crew meal" since there was never a break to eat. Ten legs a day, and pilots on food stamps. Nothing like working for an aspiration, rather than a paycheck. Quit, burned my ALPA card, went corporate, and never looked back. The OP of the post I quote above knows exactly what he is talking about.

The TSA required lock thru case and trigger guard in an interesting twist. In FAR Part 91/135 ops I just carry a Glock (.45 ACP) with a loaded mag and the chamber empty in my flight bag. This is NOT a FFDO writing. I'd be interested in knowing more about their protocols, but I am equally sure it would need to be told over a beer, not here where all can read it.

Willie

Page generated in 0.02342 seconds with 8 queries