View Single Post
Old March 28, 2010, 01:32 PM   #9
BeerSleeper

I am likely to find one load and mass produce it. If I found a recipe that duplicates the WWB target ammo I've been buying at Walmart, I'd be happy with that. At present, the only change I'd be interested in making would be to try and find a cleaner burning powder. I don't know what powder is used in the WWB loads, but it is diiiiiirty.

I realize my volume is a little on the low end, presently, but I expect that may change if I join the local rod/gun club, especially if I decide to start shooting USPSA. The other thing is, if I continue to shoot at this lower volume, once I find the loading I like, and stick with it, I can just get the press out 2-3 times a year, and crank out 1,000-2,000 rounds, and then I'm done for a good long while.

I do think the turret press would be closer to what I'm familiar with. The single stage shotshell reloader I "cut my teeth" on had 5 stations mounted to it. 1)deprime/resize 2)prime 3)powder/wad/shot 4)precrimp 5)final crimp. I'm used to running one shell through all stages, then the next shell. When one uses the turret, is that generally how it's done, or do you still do each step on X cartridges, and then move to the next step?

Page generated in 0.02448 seconds with 8 queries