View Single Post
Old May 4, 2006, 10:42 AM   #7
jlwman

I do really like the Camper model. I looked at the Ruger Mark III and a Olympic Arms Wolverine, but thought the Camper was the best. The Ruger, in my opinion, was on the heavy side and looks like a pain in the rear to field strip. The Wolverine was on the light side. I felt like the Camper had the perfect amount of weight and was not too difficult to field strip. Plus, I have heard nothing but great things about the Buckmarks. I think it is a great gun. I think the slide is hitting some resistance and I think the hammer is the problem (and no, I have never disassembled the gun other than a basic field stripping after every 1-2 range visits). I have noticed that the gun performs flawlessly if I coat it in oil. I was wondering about trying some grease throughout the gun to see if this helps any problems I have.

I do have another question or two. One, what does bbl stand for? I cannot find the answer anywhere. Two, what is the point of having a fluted barrel on a pistol? What does it do differently than the bull barrel on my pistol?

Thanks for all the help everybody!!!

Page generated in 0.02699 seconds with 8 queries