View Single Post
Old October 21, 2012, 03:55 AM   #7
oldandslow

Unspoken, Regarding Girlfriends and guns, 10/21/12

As an older, widowed guy (mid 50's) I usually bring up my hobbies on the first or second date, including target shooting and hiking/hunting. This usually lets me gauge whether my date is gun-shy, trainable or neurotic about shooting. If things look promising I then offer to take her shooting to a local range where we can shoot by ourselves, and always with a 22 pistol. Most times they enjoy the shooting and begin to understand the attraction even if they do not want to take up shooting as a regular hobby. Then we slowly get to the concealed carry/protection aspects.

I collect newspaper articles from around the country (from the internet news services or examples brought up by the gun forums) where violence affects everyone- countryfolk, women and children. Through education the woman usually begins to understand that the risk of violence is everywhere. If she still does not buy into self protection then that is her option. What is not her option, however, is to limit my self protection measures. If she cannot handle my carrying a firearm then out the door she goes, destined to be a helpless victim if an unfortunate event should occer. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

Page generated in 0.03984 seconds with 8 queries