View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 12:58 PM   #9
MLeake

Water-Man, he was comparing recognition of onset from experience. For that, the comparison is apt.

Meanwhile, bipolar people may get violent as a result of the disease, but the ones I have known have not.

Diabetics are probably not more prone to violence, though one of the signs that my grandmother's sugar was about to crash was that her temper would flare. However, diabetics do sometimes have incidents while driving, and when that happens they can be even more dangerous than drunk drivers - and are frequently mistaken by LEOs for drunk drivers.

So you might want to re-think your position a wee bit.

Going back to bi-polar types, my limited experience with those has shown me that most of the time, they can be just fine, and sometimes it is best to avoid them. I have not felt threatened, but the men and woman I have known who had this, would become verbally abusive jerks during those times, and I maintain my happiness by not engaging or interacting at such times.

Sounds like the OP avoids others when he knows he is flaring up, so I would not expect trouble from him.

Page generated in 0.03562 seconds with 8 queries