View Single Post
Old May 9, 2011, 12:47 PM   #21
thallub

Quote:
My question is why not just take those animals that have good meat for the table??? problem solved....
This area is over-run with hogs. i shoot every hog that comes into my scope. Traps do not discriminate. They catch whatever kind of hog that goes into them. All the hogs that i shoot and trap get eaten by someone. i absolutely will not let a hog lay and rot.

Big boar hogs are good meat for the table if they are properly cared for. I've often seen the lack of care given to wild hogs by hunters: Few bother to clean up nasty hogs. Several times i've seen hunters with bloated hogs that had been killed in 100 degree heat and never field dressed. They had fits of conniption when the processor refused their hogs.

i've watched that butcher sniff the meat and turn away wild hogs that were rotting. We can argue till the cows come home and some will never agree that boar hogs are good to eat if they are well taken care of: Even the guy who have never killed or tasted wild hog meat is indoctrinated with the myth that boars are not good to eat.

Page generated in 0.05539 seconds with 8 queries