View Single Post
Old February 12, 2011, 12:08 AM   #18
BIGR

Rabbits are fast and hard to hit at times. In my earlier hunting years dad and I had about 20 beagles and rabbit hunting was the thing back then. We knew other hunters that had good beagles and our Saturdays and Holidays was for hunting rabbits. I could tell you all kinds of hunting stories about the hunts we went on. Usually we let the dogs jump the rabbit and run a while before we shot at the rabbit and we very seldom shot a rabbit just as it was being jumped by the dogs. We always like to hear a good race and sometimes the dogs would take one out of hearing distance. Of course the rabbits would find a hole and go in it from time to time. It did seem alot of times that a rabbit would come back to the original location it was at when it was jumped. I think some rabbits enjoyed playing games with the dogs and tried to back track on them some. Those rabbit hunts were some great exercise and was some of the best hunts of my life. We finally got rid of our beagles in the 1980's and we hunted with others that had beagles.

Enjoy your rabbit hunting.......

Page generated in 0.03215 seconds with 8 queries