View Single Post
Old December 7, 2006, 06:16 PM   #6
Ratsrepus

I didn't book through Cabelas but we had an Outfitter. Rocky Mountain Outfitters I believe was the name. they are just up/down the road from Elk Horn which gets so much pub in the magazines.

At any rate, Dennis Frederickson was the outfitters name I believe and his staff did a really nice job for my dad and me. His guides were young but really knew their stuff. It was also a Ranching for Wildlife set up so there wre a lot of animals seen. We got our Bulls the first morning. I just wanted a representative bull and both dad and I got what we think were decent bulls for the area. Some guys in camp shot bigger, some smaller. I wasn't going to be too picky for my first elk. I'll try to add a picture in a few days of my bull. I have it stored on my lap-top and I have to do a little switcheroo to get it linked up here.

We hunted the "quakies" quaking aspen stands and the transition into the "dark timber" spruce stands. It was bugling time when we were there so we got the full deal for the hunt. Some of the guys ended up in the "scrub oak" whichis tough and the sage flats as well.

More later.

Page generated in 0.02483 seconds with 8 queries