View Single Post
Old June 4, 2013, 02:26 PM   #59
MLeake

I'm a 45 year old pilot, learned to fly in the Navy, and have since flown for airline, charter, and contract gigs.

I'm college educated; my parents were college educated (in Boston, yet both now live elsewhere and both have carry permits). My sister has graduate level degrees, and is on the executive staff of a major university. She doesn't shoot, but has no objections to me or my parents doing so.

My wife is college educated, with dual bachelor's degrees (Pre-Vet/Animal Sciences and Bachelor of Science in Nursing). She shoots a little, but does not carry. Her father is an avid hunter, rifle, shotgun, black powder, and bow. (Farmer, with a BS in some agricultural science or another.) Her mother doesn't shoot, as far as I know, but obviously has no objections to firearms.

I have one child. He is still too young for shooting lessons (infants can't quite get the right grip). In a few years, though...

I began shooting pellet rifles around age 9, rimfire handguns around age 15, and centerfire handguns at age 19. I took up rifle shooting as a junior officer in the Navy, because I thought I might someday wish I were more familiar with AR pattern rifles if I did not train myself.

I'm also fairly heavily into martial arts, and have been for a couple decades.

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries