View Single Post
Old April 23, 2013, 07:06 AM   #15
gaseousclay

Quote:
I don't think it's much of a hassle whatsoever and most of these steps are just common sense.

1) Meet during daylight in high traffic public location - this is obvious
2) Use a fake email that doesn't have my name tied to it - this is to keep people from knowing who you are in case they are phishing for info on who owns guns and ammo for a potential break in later to steal items of value; it's easy to set up a fake email
3) Meet locally, cash only and face to face only - why risk driving a long ways for someone that may not even show up? why risk paying for something that may never ship?
4) I will only give out my # if the other party does as well and only after a few emails back and forth - ties back to #2, only when there is some level of trust will I give out my #
5) When I leave, I don't take a direct route home - this is obvious as well as someone can portray themselves as friendly and a legit shooting enthusiast but who knows? why give them any information such as your home?

What would it take and cost for me to run an NICS background check as someone who is not an FFL? Is the cost worth it compared to taking the steps I take above?
the cost of running an NICS background check is a legitimate question and one that should be addressed. my point was that we sit here and talk about weeding out criminals but the way the Armslist do's & don'ts list is set-up makes it seems like everyone is a criminal. doing a gun transaction with a stranger is still taking a chance imo. yes, there are plenty of people who have had smooth, problem-free transactions but i'm sure there are a lot that have had problems because something was rotten in Denmark.

Page generated in 0.03223 seconds with 8 queries