View Single Post
Old October 27, 2005, 11:20 AM   #10
Ohio Annie

6 1/2 feet high, 5 yards away from Mr. Six-tine

I am up 6 1/2 feet on the side of a hill. I am at eye level with two knolls where trails cross and come down nearby, offering multiple shooting lanes from 7 to 27 yards distance. I will not be silhouetted when the leaves are down.

Last saturday a 6 point buck, probably a 2 1/2 year old, got downwind of me, smelled my acorn wafer I was wearing and walked up to the barbed wire fence 5 yards from my stand. He sniffed and looked for acorns. After about 5 minutes he saw me and kept looking and sniffing. He walked back and forth there for a half hour and finally something seemed wrong and he ran 20 yards away and blew for a few minutes before going down in the swale to rub a sapling. A wonderful experience, well worth the price of the ticket. I had to resist shooting him, he has a narrow high rack and in two more years will be just beautiful. I want a small apartment freezer sized doe. We are practicing QDM on this property. This will be the year for my doe, I am sure. I am certainly in the right place!

I saw the same buck yesterday. I have named him Mr. Six-tine. He waIked right behind my hang-on stand when I was 25 yards away in my climber. I hope he gets a girl friend and settles in the suburbs away from poachers and has a good long life.

Page generated in 0.02954 seconds with 8 queries