View Single Post
Old July 27, 2006, 12:33 PM   #33
GeorgeF

why people want a .380 is beond me ,it is under powered

TO each their own, but for me it is all about what is comfortable. I can shoot the .380 out of my Mustang very comfortably, but not as much fun if I go up to 9mm in same size frame. And with the Mustang's size, I carry it all the time. Can't say I would do the same with a larger pistol.

You can believe the next part or not, up to you.

My father was in Vietnam and had a close friend whose team was ambushed while out on patrol. He got winged and played dead but rest of group was killed. VC left behind two men to strip the bodies while rest of their men went on ahead.

The surviving soldier had a tiny Bersa .380 that he carried in his pants. While the two VC had their backs turned he took it out with as little movement and sound as possible, and with two carefully placed shots to the head dispatched both VC.

Now, my father was not one to make up stories but you can take it with a grain of salt.

One other story. Colleague of my father (Robert Kraus of PA, now deceased) was involved with fast-draw shooting. Took number of classes with other students, all working on their technique and form. All but one student had 9mm P or higher - and that one student had a .380. He said that the rest of the guys would rib the .380 guy about having a 'mouse gun'. But every time he drew that pistol, the bullet went into the head of the silhouette target. They stopped laughing after a few days of that.

Try not to concentrate too much on caliber, but more on shot placement.

Page generated in 0.03936 seconds with 8 queries