View Single Post
Old March 17, 2008, 04:58 PM   #21
scrat

As far as manufacture. Uberti is good really good. My 1851 is a good shooter too. if your not too sure about shooting black powder. Dont want to spend a lot. Check out Cabelas. they have the 1851 navy its chambered in 44. for 139.00. their site still shows this special on a 4.95 shipping charge. Thats a heck of deal. You wont get a better deal than that. The gun is a peitta. I have the same one. Pietta is ok. Its a brass frame. Some people will say never to get one. Some are ignorant on not knowing. I have 2 brass frames. As long as you load them with thier recomended loads you will be fine. The gun will last a long time. I have spoke and read from people who have shot thousands of rounds through brass frames. IT all depends on how you take care of it. Same time i use a loading plate. The loading plate is where you place the cylinder on it. Pour bp in each cylinder then put your wads in then place a ball on each cylinder. Then you press them in with a small ram. By doing this you put no stress on the gun as its not on the gun. Same time its so quick. When your done put it back on the gun attach the barrel. Your good to go.

Page generated in 0.03705 seconds with 8 queries