View Single Post
Old October 20, 2012, 04:34 PM   #3
jasmith85

Quote:
I see a lot more guns for sale on the local internet gun board, but the prices are ridiculous. Guns being offered for far more than any reasonable value. I'm talking about used guns for more that certain LGSs sell them for new.
There is a big box chain that has been selling the Savage Axis for $279-$289 off and on for the last couple of months and somebody today has one used for $300. The gun store who's range I frequent was selling the Ruger American for $349 and somebody has one as new in the box" for $375.
Now I know some people go to Gander Mountain or Bass Pro and pay whatever without shopping but used guns are generally worth less than when they were new.
Most of the guns don't seem to move and just keep getting bumped back to the top of the list.
I have seen that a lot around here too. I've always wondered if the people paid outrageous prices when they bought new or if they really think they can rip people off like that. There is currently a used Taurus TCP with an asking price of $350 on a local sales site. I emailed the guy and ask how much he gave for it and he hasn't replied back. My guess is there are just a lot of people fishing for idiots.

Page generated in 0.03573 seconds with 8 queries