Thread: Weatherby SA08
View Single Post
Old October 12, 2012, 03:41 PM   #5
hermanpj

i just got back from shooting my SA-459 TK (this is the 22 inch barreled turkey gun variation on the same action as the SA-08).

It was awesome on dove. I took the front tactical sight and rear ghost rings off, and just put some sight paint on the little sight mounting block on the barrel. with a modified choke screwed in it was fantastic.

my only caution is get a black synthetic stock or get a wooden stock. i had a cammo pattern stock, and my insect repellant ate it right off of the gun. I think this is a common caution (not specific to weatherby) but just be aware... i am having to re-finish my stock and handguard now.

Also - on this guns dependability, its made by Armsan in Turkey, and sold by by both Tristar and Weatherby in various forms. there's a Youtube of the grueling tests Weatherby and Armsan executed on these guns before Weatherby started importing. Too dudes shooting skeet with literally like 10000 empty hulls in heaps surrounding them... I was pretty convinced after that that it would hold up to my uses.
NRA Member|Texas State Rifle Association Member| Texas Concealed Handgun License holder|Springfield M1A Loaded|Kimber Super Carry Pro .45 ACP|Weatherby SA 459 12 ga|Black Rain+Adams Arms Piston AR15|Beretta 92FS| CZ Dan Wesson ECO 9MM| Ruger 10/22

Page generated in 0.03864 seconds with 8 queries