View Single Post
Old September 19, 2012, 08:17 PM   #7
tkglazie

walmart has the corn cob media I heard, very cheap. its called "rabbit bedding" or something. mine didnt have any so I went to a mom and pop pet store across the street. The thing I wasnt aware of is corncob and walnut last for 10s of thousands of rounds. I am at least 15K rounds in with mine and only add a little bit of each once a month or so to account for spillage. I do use strips of old dryer sheet though to each batch (4-6 1"x2" pieces) and they come out dirty after a 45-60 minute session so I think that helps.

One tip for the FA tumbler if anyone buys it-if you cut a piece of rubber tubing (surgical tubing or brake line or something) to fit over the threaded rod and trim it so it is slightly compressed when the lid is screwed on it helps with the noise a bit. The noise isnt bad either way, sort of like a small air compressor sounds but less shrill. I just set mine outside the door and let it go.

A kitty litter scoop for a buck or two makes short work of separating the cases from the media without having to dump it if you prefer to go that route. Works for me.

Oh and be careful what you tumble together and make sure you only tumble cases that wont fit inside each other. .380/9mm/.38/.357 are fine together, but throw some .40 or .45 in there and you will have lots of stuck cases.

Page generated in 0.02495 seconds with 8 queries