View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Crosshair

Thanks for the very good writeup. In this case the cause not poor design, but the desire to get as small an optic as possible, thus there isn't any room for baffles in the optic.

So now that I know this is "normal" for an optic of this type, I have to ask myself if this drawback is worth it vs the small size and weight of the sight. In this case the answer is "Yes". I'll do what you said and look around at the possibility of devising some sort of shade, as putting by hand over the sight would make the ghosting disappear.

I now realize what the heck I am seeing in the sight, sunlight is getting into the sight and illuminating the diode, which is at at 4' of clock on the sight. That light then reflects onto the objective which I then see as part of the dot.

I should have tried tilting the sight to see if that made a difference, but as long as I know about the problem and why it happens I can work around it.

Page generated in 0.02264 seconds with 8 queries