View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 06:08 PM   #5
603Country

Nevmavrick, I really did like shooting that 1100 I had. It was a great shooter and didn't kick much. I put thousands of rounds through it, but nothing like the 100,000 you put through yours. When mine started failing, I just put it down to wear and tear, since I had nothing else to explain the problems I was having. It always got a thorough cleaning after use. It was a Mourning Dove, Whitewing, Quail gun for me, and I used field loads that the company supplied, but nothing extreme in the way of loads. Anyway, it finally just got pounded into pieces (the pieces that fell out repeatedly), so I had it fixed one more time and sold it. But...the reason I respond to your note is to ask why you prefer gas operated shotguns. I guess they do kick a bit less, but a good recoil shotgun is so reliable and simple and quick to clean that I just can't ever see my going back to a gas operated shotgun. And one more thing way back in the day contributed to my eventual decision to get an old A5 type shotgun. I went duck hunting way down in South Louisiana. It was so far south that my guide didn't speak English at all, just Cajun French. He and every one of his guide buddies had A5 type guns. The guns were a wreck to look at, but just kept on shooting, and I didn't see anything get cleaned after a day of shooting. I still had the 1100 back then, and it needed a lot of cleaning. My 'new' gun is a Remington Model 11, built before 1948, with Briley chokes I had added. It doesn't point like the 1100 did, but after you get used to the humpback design it shoots great and will hit way out there. It does however, kick like a mule.

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries