View Single Post
Old January 24, 2001, 11:41 AM   #2
BadMedicine

I have a rat terrier/poodle. She stands about 10" tall and a foot or so long. In Washington we didn't have a fence, and the grey squirrels would come and play in the yard, eating and what-not. We'd let our dog out and she'd be on them like lightning, but she's just run over them, stepping on the sometimes. She really didn't know she was supposed to kill them. The squirrels didn't like it much though.
It got to the point where they were never more than 3 feet from the base of a tree when in our yard. They would also scram halfway up a tree if the backdoor opened, thinking the dog was comming out. We had to start letting her out the front door, and she would B-line it all the way around the house and be on top of them before they new it Now we have a fenced yar though, and not to many squirrels come around, cuz I tend to ventilate them with my pellet rifle

We never let her chase raccoons and opossums. Both cary rabbies, The raccoons in Washington are MORE than twice her size, and the opossums are mean little SOB's.

Page generated in 0.03635 seconds with 8 queries