View Single Post
Old August 20, 2009, 03:38 AM   #272
AZAK

Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed
Quote:
I honestly don't believe that's what it is, but I can tell you for certain that is:

1. How it will be portrayed.
2. How many others feel.
posted by JohnKSa

It seem to me that the mainstream media has not been a friend of the 2nd Amendment in recent times.

Until someone formulates a reason for the media to change this stance, they do after all seem to always have the last word and can edit a nun's shopping list to sound like Hitler's daily to do list, I would suggest that the mainstream media is not the appropriate avenue to pursue change concerning the RKBA in the public mindset at this time. The mainstream media sells "Dirty Laundry", kudos to Don Henley singing this back in the day - 1982.

If you want to change your world, maybe start out with your own little corner. Yeah, grass roots education. Get enough of your locals, especially the younger generation, to be aware of the 2nd Amendment (And the rest of our founding father's documents), and see and "feel" that it really is O.K. to see someone OCing in your "neighborhood", guns can put food on the dinner table, and also are a great form of discipline and recreation punching paper, and we are rolling down the right road.

Give (Hypothetically of course) a baby, toddler, or pre-schooler, that have not been exposed to many opinions concerning guns, a firearm to look at and they have no fear. Children are educated as to "their" opinions on guns.

To quote the musical South Pacific regarding "feelings and perceptions":
You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.

Perhaps (adjusting my grass skirt and coconuts), we need to be active in educating those around us to what we believe are good values, starting in our own living rooms and working outward; including our beliefs concerning the 2nd Amendment.

Now, go figure...

Page generated in 0.02289 seconds with 8 queries