View Single Post
Old February 4, 2012, 11:18 PM   #11
gearmonkey

I bought this Winchester model 70 10 years ago used for a deer hunt in Vermont. I did not know diddlysquat about center-fire rifles. I bought it with a Bushnell Banner 4-12 X40mm scope on it. I could not group well at all. I went and saw nothing (no deer!)....so no issue. 10 years later I discover copper fouled bore severe...spent days cleaning and used butchs bore shine to get the final bore gleaming. The REDFIELD Revolution 3-9X50 scope and the cleaning really made the difference! That Banner scope? Pure junk! I am waiting to hate someone enough in my life to make a gift of it....lol
I truly thought the gun was the culprit. I will never own another Bushnell product again. Been too disappointed too many times with 2 other Bushnell scopes and a crappy pair of binoculars! They are Tasco's sister to me! Plus a guy next to me at the range bought a Walmart Remington/Bushnell banner scoped gun to the range, in I forget what caliber....but his scope reticules broke in less than 50 rounds. No idea whats going on with that company.
Back on topic...I was at Cabelas today...touched everthing bought nothing!!! I got the sportsman's show in Harrisburg P.A. on Tuesday....I'll see the outfitter and afterwards....perhaps Thursday...I'll have some loads to try. Thanks to everyone for the help and advice. Hope I did not offend any Bushnell guys....I just never had any luck with them. I still have one on my 2nd slug gun. Its getting replaced with a Nikon pro-sport probably from the show.

Page generated in 0.02734 seconds with 8 queries