Thread: 336rc in .35rem
View Single Post
Old January 1, 2006, 02:34 PM   #3
Harley Quinn

They now have some with rubber tips

That way you don't have to worry about the 'going off in the mag' routine.

That is one of the reasons I still have my 35 cal Marlin 336, the bore is really close to the 357 and you can get pistol bullets that will work. You can jack um up a little and watch the fur fly on smaller stuff.

I knew quite a few who just went with a pointed then a flat or round nosed and then the next was a pointed. But hey, in a hurry you could goof up. So I never did that. But with this new rubber pointed, it could be the bullet of the future for the tubular mags.

With the pistol bullets I like the semi wad cutter in copper jacketed.

In the Marlin micro grove it does not handle lead well so I would stay away from it. One of the reasons they changed there groving in the 45-70's was to be able to handle lead better, since they were stepping up to the hard cast by buffalo and garret.

I was going to trade in my 35 for a 358 but decided not to. Shoots sweet and it is a killer out to 150 yds on most stuff in America. I don't think I would go for the bigger bear but hey, if that is what you have and the shot is there go for it, have a good hand gun for back up,(44 mag) and live a little. Good adrenaline rush.

Harley

Page generated in 0.03271 seconds with 8 queries