View Single Post
Old April 25, 2008, 10:15 PM   #1
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Hornady Lock 'N' Load common issues...still need help.

I just started to use my Hornady Lock 'N' Load for .40SW. At first, all was going well.

1. Then as time goes on, the loaded round would bind between the ejector wire and shellholder putting a monkey wrench in the entire process.

If I bend the wire to engage the case and move it out of its position sooner or later, it wants to jam up. What's the best course of action?

2. During the priming process, it appears to make the whole assembly to "shift" slightly counterclockwise. Is this normal? I've had a case or two to fight a full seating of primers. I keep thinking its not being allowed to press the primer in squarely, therefore binding up. The CCW movement is very slight and happens even when it's the only shell in the process.

I know the easiest answers are to chuck the wire and prime the cases individually. However, I think it's a waste of time if I can't get the full benefits of buying a progressive and toss out what doesn't work at the moment.

I've seen the conversations dealing with the ejector wire, but not detailed directions on the actual wire bending, only to "bend the wire".

I don't think the pawls have much to do with these issues. IIRC, the pawls only time the turret movement, nothing else.

Where am I going wrong and is there links out there that provide good details, not vague answers?

Bummed and Beleaguered in Blue Grass....

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.03196 seconds with 8 queries