View Single Post
Old November 6, 2010, 10:27 AM   #13
X_shooter

Reminds me of a trip to Japan when we had an eight block walk from the train station fully loaded with baggage at 11:00pm local time. Outcome was favorable though.

Whenever I am checking in when available I park right out in front of the door. I gab one bag weakside or over the shoulder and load up the wife/kids and lock the car. We go to the room, lock them in, and I go for the rest usually with a cart if available (she doesn't travel light). That way I can push the cart away and draw or use it as a block form the BG. I am always on high alert. You can't imagine how vulnerable you are reaching into a trunk or the back of a van. I stop often and look around as I am loading the cart for people just hanging out.

I lock the car and go back to the room. Only once all of the baggage and valuables are in the room will I go park as close to the room I am staying in. All the time I am on high alert.

We often take road trips across the country and rarely stay in the same hotel twice in an area that we are familiar with. Its good to have a policy and a plan when it comes to traveling.

Page generated in 0.03075 seconds with 8 queries