View Single Post
Old May 8, 2008, 10:49 PM   #12
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
We all were required to shoot the night course with two guns, one with and one without night sights. Each and every shooter scored more and better hits with night sights than they did without through various lighting situations.

We started in the early evening just before dusk and shot to about 2 am on a moonless night. This allowed a lot of variation in light. We also shot in a lot of lighting situations from in a darkened kill house to a semi lighted kill house. We shot in and around cars with car lights and with the turning emergency lights of a police car.
Very good information. I was hoping that someone would respond, one way or the other, with some information based on experience.

I can tell that there are some benefits to having the sights, but I have no easy way to quantify the difference other than to say that it was less than I expected. Do you think it would be possible to post the results of your shooting showing the difference between night sights/regular sights? I'd be very interested in anything that could begin to quantify the difference in capability.

Page generated in 0.02069 seconds with 8 queries