View Single Post
Old January 13, 2012, 06:05 PM   #9
shurshot

That sounds like a great price for a BDL, depending on condition of course. I just bought a Remington 700 .270 BDL at Cabela's a couple weeks back, and paid $600.00, although this one is mint and has a 3X9-40 Bushnell scope. I thought I got a fair deal, but then again, if you see something and you WANT it, does an extra $50.00 or so matter that much in the long run?

About that "Trigger issue" folks keep bringing up... If you watched MSNBC's "Remington Under Fire", you should watch the OTHER half of the story, the half built on facts, not shoddy and subjective reporting. Watch Remington's point by point response on Youtube or on their website (link is below). It seperates the hard facts from emotionaly charged fiction. http://www.remington700.tv/# Many evidence based and indisputable facts are mentioned here, that MSNBC "forgot" to mention, or questions they failed to ask. The testimonys MSNBC's "experts and Insiders" provided were subjective as well. Remington's website does a great job of laying out the truth.
If the trigger system has not been altered, and you are careful not to bump the trigger when you close the bolt (as many do and then after they cause a horrific accident and shoot someone, they BLAME THE GUN and sue...$$$$), you shouldn't have any issues. Muzzle control is ALWAYS #1, not the safety. Never trust ANY safety of ANY gun...EVER. My father warned me about closing bolts on rifles and shotguns years ago, as it is easy to accidently fire them if you are not careful.

All that being said, the BDL is one Damn nice gun. I'm VERY happy with mine. It is far more accurate than I can ever hope to be. And she is Very easy on the eyes.

Last edited by shurshot; January 13, 2012 at 08:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.03388 seconds with 8 queries