View Single Post
Old April 14, 2009, 11:15 AM   #32
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
What this is here is a group of people unsanctioned and incommisioned by any form of government fulfilling the role of law enforcement.
I do not believe they gave an explanation of exactly what they plan to do. I did not see claims of detention and chasing people. If they patrol their neighborhoods and report to the real police I can not see what they are doing being illegal or immoral. I also believe if they confront people it will be legal as long as they do not pursue and they do not initiate the threat of force.
Many of us have neighborhood watch programs that are simply not armed. Legally carrying a gun does not intrinsically change what you are otherwise doing to be illegal. Being an organized group of citizens does not limit your rights as citizens, at least as far as I know. If I want to go out in my car and patrol my neighborhood armed I can do it. If 3 others ple in my tiny civic and go with me it isn't illegal as long as we all have CCWs. I think most would agree this is how the law SHOULD read everywhere and I commend anyone OPENLY challenging ANY law. It is the ones trying to get around the law on the sly that bother me.

There are a lot of people on here making assumptions. I don't see anywhere in the article where the "militia" members

Where does it say the militia is limited to white people? How do you know there aren't already non-white members?

Quote:
We don't want armed citizens out there...
Big surprise there.

Quote:
I just don't know if that's in the best interest of these gentlemen, from a safety perspective
Nanny state?

Quote:
Desert Eagles are generally seen in media as garish, over-the-top, and "extreme".
Only in media? I tend to agree with the media on this one, I just appreciate your right to own one. I met a guy who has a F1 car for fun, I thought that was pretty over the top too. Spent quite a bit on it, but if it is his thing he should go for it. That isn't even constitutionally protected and a much bigger "waste" of money.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; April 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.03442 seconds with 8 queries