View Single Post
Old December 21, 2012, 02:35 PM   #14
No1der

Quote:
You wanted more fire? You are aware that 20 children died right? Words can't describe how bad that is. This isn't a game.

One side has to start. Our side is just as guilty of the perpetuating divisiveness as the other side.

I keep seeing the "focus on mental health" argument thrown around. Without a workable plan to do so, how is that a counter argument? Keep in mind that we can't just lock people up because we think they're crazy.
What can I say, I agree with you.

A Cop in every school in America? Really? Aren't police already stretched thin as it is?

This is an iffy proposition to start with but if there is to be ANY chance of having armed folks in the schools then the only ones I can think of are members of the National Guard.

They are already serving and adding a rotating schedule of serving, 2 months at a time, in our public schools does make some sense without breaking the budget. Maybe 2 months is too short so lets say 3 months or more before they are rotated out.

They would need to be in a more civilian looking uniform to not frighten kids and adults alike and they can't be carrying a rifle around the halls of a school so it's got to be a very good pistol of some sort to be determined later.

Frankly, I was somewhat disappointed in the NRA response and the fact that they made their statement on Friday is not lost on me as the news cycle will be kindest during the weekend. The NRA should be proudly giving solutions Monday morning and then discussing their positions instead of making their presser on a Friday and then hiding.

Sorry to anyone who may not agree but this got me somewhat hot behind the collar and I'm just voicing my frustration.

Edit: I personally also felt like LaPierre was deflecting with his talk of movies from the 1990s and video games. The video game industry has shown that they can police themselves fairly well and if parents ignore the rating system on games then they only have themselves to blame.

The MPAA is another can of worms but you can't protect the 2A by shredding the 1A. Also movies are also rated so that parents can make decisions on what their kids watch.

Does the NRA have a rating of any sort for firearms? I'm not sure that this type of thing would even make sense but the point is what has the NRA done. To my eyes they haven't done much of anything. Sorry.

Last edited by No1der; December 21, 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.02474 seconds with 8 queries